Service to our communities, promoting openness and access to government; professionalism based on honesty, integrity, loyalty, and awareness of basic human values in our response to every individual; innovation in thought and action, recognizing and responding to current and future needs; teamwork to foster a sense of cooperation among all, recognizing that honest and reliable sharing of information is vital; and
trust earned by managing and maintaining the Division’s resources responsibly, and conducting ourselves in a way that fosters the highest level of confidence from the people we work with and the communities we serve.
The Nevada DPS Investigation Division is a state law enforcement agency dedicated to public safety. This is accomplished through the professional enforcement of controlled substance laws, by providing investigative services to all criminal justice agencies, and by supporting law enforcement statewide through the collection and dissemination of relevant and timely criminal information. This mission is accomplished in an atmosphere of professionalism, ethical standards and a commitment to cooperation and mutual support between the Division and other criminal justice agencies and the citizens of Nevada.
- To provide for the public safety by interdicting illegal narcotics and disrupting the illicit drug trade.
- To support statewide criminal justice needs by providing professional investigative assistance.
- To establish and operate statewide automated systems to collect, analyze and disseminate criminal investigative information.
- To maintain effective law enforcement through innovative techniques, continuing education and coordination of statewide criminal justice activities through resource allocation and cooperation.
- To provide protection for the citizens of the communities through the identification and apprehension of predatory criminals and the disruption of criminal organizations.